June 24th 2012
SU2 version 1.1 available for download
by Tom Taylor
After more than 6 months of dedicated development, the SU2 team has made significant strides in improving the capabilities, reliability, and usability of the open-source analysis and design tool. The interim release, version 1.1, contains a host of new features of interest to the user community, including:
- Windows binary executables with full functionality (parallelism, CGNS support, etc.).
- Improved parallelization.
- Pointwise plugin for direct export to SU2 grid formats.
- Additional flexibility in the specification of the optimization problem.
- SST turbulence model.
- Additional spatial discretization schemes, including HLLC and AUSM (1st and 2nd order accuracy).
- Axisymmetric implementation for Euler and incompressible governing equations.
- 3D Reacting flow simulations using argon gas chemistry models.
- Free surface simulation and design.
- Periodic boundary conditions.
- Updated python scripts.